We are creating a prayer wall for anyone who would value prayers! This is not just for "Corona prayers' - although please do share these as well! This is for any prayers! Requesting prayers for God's help, and also prayers to thank God and praise Him for his goodness.
This page is still under construction and we will soon have a way for people to write their requests directly onto this wall, but until then please email Gemma@crossway.og.uk and she'll put it on for you.
These are some of the requests that have come in during the week:
- Thank God that this crisis is bringing our community together and that it is giving us opportunities to show our love for people and serve each other. Pray that we will see this as an encouragement and an opportunity to share God's love with our neighbours.
- Please pray for all key workers - those that are unable to socially distance as they continue to support our country. Please pray that God will strengthen them and keep them safe as they work tirelessly to try to protect and treat our community.
- Please pray for the frontline NHS mental health staff supporting people from their own home under lockdown using remote working. Much respect to the NHS, rather than seeing the mental health system collapse, they told all the mental health staff doing talking stuff that can be done over the phone to just stay at home and provide support over the phone, which they are doing. Please pray they continue their good work, and can sustain the system under the strain and isolation. Please remember the really not obvious frontline staff in your prayers and do pray for them!
- Please pray for the children of Northfield who are leaving their only place of safety - their schools - and are now at risk of harm, domestic abuse, or lack of food. Please also pray for the support workers and social workers who will continue to try to protect them.
- Please pray for retail workers and pharmacists who are overworked and at risk of infection at this time.
- Please pray for those who are self employed or cannot work from home in this very uncertain time.
- Pray for those who are vulnerable, for protection and provision of adequate care. Please pray for Christina White returning to her flat with a care plan.